Reports to: Production Supervisor
Summary: Responsible for setting up, running, and inspection of final product coming off the Delta converting line. This will include compliance with customer specifications, including special packaging requirements. This operator must have the ability to transition from one job to another as priorities change.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow procedures outlined in Tapecon’s ISO documentation.
- Follows all company safety procedures. Must not operate any piece of equipment without being instructed in its safe operation, much sign off on an individual piece of equipment’s safety briefing before operating.
- Set up and run Delta Press, adding additional stations as required.
- Completes all work in accordance with Tapecon Standard Work Procedures.
- As a member of a Cell or Department takes and accepts responsibility for the FLOW of all work through the Cell or Department.
- Participated fully as a member of the Cell or Department’s continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to read a ruler, inch, and metric calipers.
- Must be a “U.S. Person”, defined in 22 CFR 120.15 as “A person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).” This includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and that given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Regularly required to have mobility
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to fumes and chemicals, subject to temperatures 60 to 100 degrees F.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Rick Eberhart 716.725.6811