Plitek is seeking a full time Machine Operator at their Des Plaines, IL location.
The Machine Operator is responsible for running basic departmental production equipment. This position will require a great deal of flexibility in work from day to day, allowing smooth transition from one project to the next within a single shift as priorities change. This position will be primarily responsible for operating 1-3 die machines with only a couple material parts or slitting and laminating machinery. Some responsibilities will include packing product for shipment and supporting other operations as necessary.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Follow direction from the supervisor in your department
- Operator any equipment in a safe manner and comply with all Safety Policies.
- Ability to read a Job Traveler, operator machines, perform required quality testing, and perform material transactions.
- Component in reading blueprints, quality instructions, work instructions, etc.
- Ability to use metrology devices as needed (loupe, ruler, calipers, etc.)
- Maintain production standards across all current job responsibilities
- Document production and quality results in the Computer System and on Job Travelers (Vantage)
- Comply with the established QMS (ISO9001) procedures and work instructions
- Train the Production Assistants / Packers
Expectations (directly affects performance review, increases, bonus, and company performance):
- On-time delivery/responsiveness
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance submitted upon request
- Completion of the background check and pre-employment physical
- Signing of Plitek Non-Compete and Disclosure Agreement
- Signing, acceptance, and understanding of Plitek’s Employee Handbook
- Signing and acceptance that you will use a biometric hand-scanner for time-keeping and payroll
For more information contact:
Human Resources Supervisor
69 Rawls Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Office: +1.847.827.6680 ext 274