This position is responsible for the electrical design of custom web converting equipment, including schematic design and programming and debugging software
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems including PLC and HMI development
- Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications
- Provide support and field questions during the manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing processes
- Perform operation, software maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- Keep current with the latest technical innovations in electrical engineering
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering or Controls Engineering
- PLC programming – Yaskawa and Allen Bradley is a plus
- Servo Motion control programming
- HMI Development with Visual Basic.NET
- Vision-Cognex is a plus
- Competent in the use of Auto-Cad Electrical
- Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in related industry.
- Positive Teamwork Orientation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal and Written)
Position Type, Work Environment & Travel
- Full time, exempt
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Normal office environment
- Travel less than 10%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.