This position conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components. The position determines equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation.
- Assembly and disassembly of machines
- Perform sub-assembly and final machine inspections
- Layout back panels and wiring of machines
- Order electrical parts through purchasing
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field
- General understanding of electrical theory and basic electrical code
- Ability to read electrical prints (ladder prints), sketches, diagrams and blueprints
- Experience in navigating Microsoft and/or industry specific software
- Positive Teamwork Orientation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal and Written)
Position Type, Work Environment & Travel
- Full time, non-exempt
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment can be loud
- Travel – Outside the local area and overnight. Some travel is international. Normally 10% to 20% and is variable
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.