This position is responsible for the assembly, alignment and tuning of lasers and complicated optical setups. The position determines equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation in the field.
- Custom laser system assembly, integration and alignment
- Laser system characterization and documentation, including power, beam quality, wavelength and temporal waveform
- Specifying optics and other components for custom laser systems
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed
- Communicate with customers to relay technical information, recommendations and answer questions
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field
- Knowledge of laser technology, laser and optical design modeling
- Familiarity with operating optical assemblies/systems
- Experience in navigating Microsoft and/or industry specific software
- Positive Teamwork Orientation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal and Written)
Position Type, Work Environment & Travel
- Full time, non-exempt
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment can be loud
- Travel – Outside the local area and overnight. Some travel is international. Up to 25% and is variable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.