This position performs, conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical systems and components while using considerable independent judgement in making decisions without the availability of supervision. The position determines equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation and performs the full range of technical aspects of electrical work.
- Regularly inspects and evaluates electrical and electronic equipment to ensure that it operates efficiently
- Studies blueprints and schematics and determines methods, materials, and equipment needed to complete the assignment
- Assembles, disassembles, repairs and reassembles or replaces defective electrical equipment
- Tests installations to check and insure continuity of the circuit, and the compatibility and safety of all components and monitors inventory
- Assist in training and mentoring Electrical and/or Mechanical Technicians
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- MN Master Electrician License
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and ability to make on-the-job applications
- Proven track record in electrical techniques including electrical hardware, junction boxes and circuit breaker units, trace lines and reading wiring diagrams
- Experience in navigating Microsoft and/or industry specific software
- Positive Teamwork Orientation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal and Written)
Position Type, Work Environment & Travel
- Full time, non-exempt
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment can be loud
- Travel – Outside the local area and overnight. Some travel is international. Normally 10% to 20% and is variable
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.